Update 9/3/19 09:00 EST
Further to yesterday’s update, Miami Beach remains out of Hurricane Dorian’s cone of uncertainty, with no severe weather warnings in place. BOND Five Star and BOND Diseñotel will still go ahead as planned on September 5-8 2019.
Update 9/2/19 09:00 EST
We have been monitoring Hurricane Dorian’s progress very closely.
Based on all available sources of information, BOND Five Star and BOND Diseñotel will still go ahead as planned on September 5-8 2019.
Here’s what we know at the time of publishing:
- Hurricane Dorian is currently over the Bahamas, north east of Miami, with it’s track due to turn further northwards later today.
- Miami-Dade county is not expected to be severely impacted by Hurricane Dorian. Worst case for Miami Beach shows 30-40mph winds and some potential localized flooding rain, from Monday pm through Tuesday. Some schools have taken the decision to remain closed til Wednesday.
- Miami International airport is open.
- No weather warnings in effect for Miami Beach (apart from a Small Craft Advisory i.e. potential hazardous sea conditions for small vessels and inexperienced boaters).
- No evacuations in effect for Miami Beach.
- The venue hotel, The Loews Miami Beach, is operating as normal.
- No evidence of any South Beach hotels closing.
Our primary concern in the safety of all our attendees and employees.
We will continue to monitor Dorian’s progress and will publish an update at 09:00 EST Tuesday or sooner if anything should change.